I’m working on two projects. The first is a manuscript, working title: SEX for MONEY—Rent-a-boys in Mexico. I wrote this story a few years ago and put it aside. I’m editing now and being brutal on my edits.
A freelance writer moves to Puerto Vallarta to pursue her curiosity about the male sex trade—what type of men sell themselves and why women pay for it. Through a series of interviews and sexual experiences, she finds herself on a dark journey into her own beliefs on sexuality and love.
It’s deeply personal and highly sexual. It’s a different write for me but in the editing, I’ve come across sections that take my breath away.
If I’m ever discouraged about the long road to success in writing books, I go to Amazon and read my reviews. After all, it’s about the pleasure my readers get when they read, right?
The second project is a series of shorter books on Women: sexuality after 50, successful living, creativity and spiritual/soul development. I love these non-fiction subjects that I touched upon in my extremely well-received Memoir/Self-help book LOVE The Beat Goes On. I wanted to delve deeper in the hopes that women know they are not alone in their journey of self-development. We are all in this together.
Yes, I’m busy and at times question myself, my work and the direction life is taking me. We all have self-doubts but the key to success for me is
- making a plan—Schedule the writing/editing/cover etc.
- doing the work—reading & deleting my rambling babies
- writing one page after another even when I’d rather watch Netflix
- keeping myself motivated by listening to other authors, their challenges and how they kept on doing the work rejection after rejection
- keep my eye on the vision board
- and never, ever giving up