It’s really simple to me. So enjoy the wisdom I shared on Quora tonight. Here’s my list.
- Be happy. There is nothing that ages us more than bitterness, and recriminations.
- Don’t live in the past. Embrace the present. Refuse to worry about the future because the future never comes.
- Laugh a lot, smile often. If you’re a woman, it hides the wrinkles. Life will try to take you down, throw curve balls that will bring you to your knees. Stand tall, be strong, never look back.
- LOVE, love yourself, love your life, love the planet, love your family, love your partner(s). Don’t be stingy with your love.
- Have no regrets. Never apologize about your life choices and decisions. You can’t change them, even if they were wrong in hindsight… let that stuff go.
- Don’t worry about the one that got away. If you’re too busy worrying about a bad relationship or marriage, you’re too bitter to notice the one ahead of you that might be that elusive soul-mate.
- Always lead with your heart. Yes, you will screw up, whether it’s in friendships, or with a child, or a mate. Forgive yourself often. You’re only human.